Blog Introduction: Jamuna Boro is a name you’re going to want to remember. The 20-year-old from Assam, India is making a name for herself in the world of women’s boxing, and she’s got her sights set on the 2024 Olympics. Here are 10 things you should know about this rising star in Indian boxing.
- She started boxing at just 12 years old.
- Her first coach was her father, who is also a boxer.
- She won her first championship at the age of 14.
- She is currently ranked #1 in India in her weight class.
- She has won over 15 national and international championships.
- She is supported by the Olympic Gold Quest Foundation.
- She was named the Best Boxer at the 2018 Asian Games.
- She is currently training for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- In 2019, she won a bronze medal at the World Championships in Russia.
- She is one of India’s brightest hopes for a medal in boxing at the 2024 Olympics in Paris.
Keep your eye on Jamuna Boro – she’s sure to make waves in the world of women’s boxing in the years to come!
That’s all! You can also check out Lovlina Borgohain – Indian boxer eyeing Olympic glory and Vinesh Phogat – Indian Wrestler.
Want to know more about sports? Check out our Sports Beats India blog.
Sports Beats India is a website that covers all the latest sports news from India. We provide comprehensive coverage of all the major sports including cricket, football, hockey, tennis and more. We also have a dedicated team of writers who provide expert analysis and opinion on all the major sporting events taking place in India.