The 2019 IPL has been absolutely magnificent right from Day 1 to the final match played between CSK and MI.
Here is the list of the Awards awarded in the final presentation ceremony of the Vivo IPL 2019.
- Dream 11 Game Changer of the Season – Rahul Chahar; Mumbai Indians
- Most Valuable Player – Andre Russell (369 points); Kolkata Night Riders
- Orange Cap Holder – David Warner (692 runs); Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Purple Cap Holder – Imran Tahir (26 wickets); Chennai Super Kings
- Emerging Player of the Tournament – Shubhman Gill; Kolkata Night Riders
- FBB Stylish Player of the Season – KL Rahul; Kings XI Punjab
- Perfect Catch of the Season – Kieron Pollard; Mumbai Indians
- Super Striker of the Season – Andre Russell; Kolkata Night Riders
- Fair Play Award – Sunrisers Hyderabad
Records were created and emotions surpassed everything in this year’s IPL. Starting from the low scoring match between RCB and CSK, cricket as a game has won everything.
Highlights of what we saw this year:
- Andre Russell, the powerhouse hitting almost every ball towards the boundary. He has a strike rate of 205.41 in Vivo IPL 2019.
- Dinesh Kartik finishing the matches for KKR and also showed us what he is capable of and what kind of batting we can expect from him in the World Cup.
- KL Rahul’s consistent and steady innings showed what a classy player he is. He also won the FBB Stylish Player of the Tournament.
- The David Warner- Jonny Bairstow duo was terrific as they gave 3 consecutive 100+ partnerships and thus became the most successful IPL Openers this season.
- David Warner was once again the highest run getter despite playing less number of matches than other players.
- Rishabh Pant’s power hitting in all parts of the ground made world class bowlers like Malinga and Bumrah spellbound.
- A brilliant century from Sanju Samson which showcased what kind of temperament he has!
- The duo of Hardik Pandya and Kieron Pollard are one of the most destructive batsmen ever and have the capacity to finish games with their batting.
- In his debut match, Alzarri Joseph produced the best bowling figures in IPL History. In 3.4 overs he took 6 wickets for 12 runs.
- A mind blowing century by KL Rahul made the platform where Kieron Pollard played the captain’s knock and scored 83 off just 31 balls.
- Dhoni was brilliant with the bat when his team needed and scored the all-important runs batting down the order or promoting himself to the number 4 spot.
- Giving himself all the freedom possible and playing his mind out Ajinkya Rahane played one of the best innings of his life scoring 102 from just 63 balls.
- Given the opportunity up the order, Shubhman Gill played an amazing innings of 76 from 45 balls. KKR’s total was the highest of the season in which Russell scored a mighty 80 from 40 balls.
- Shreyas Gopal took a hattrick against RCB in an 8 over match which ended without a result.
- Jasprit Bumrah showed what capacity and greatness he has and why he is the number one bowler in the world. He bowled brilliant overs at the start of the innings and even at the death which helped Mumbai Indians to win the title this year.
- Lasith Malinga, the highest wicket taker of the tournament made us believe that, “Form is temporal. Class is Permanent”, through his stellar performances. Even late in his career he has the ability to bowl quality deliveries and take the opposition wickets.
- Virat Kohli scored his 5th overall and first century in 2019 IPL against KKR.
- Like the final of 2018, Shane Watson showed that he is a man of big moments. He scored 80 of 59 balls in the finale against Mumbai.
- Ahead of the World Cup, almost all Indian Players have found form and they have performed for their respective teams. we hope than this form continues in the World Cup as well.
- Almost 20 matches went on till the last over of the match and certainly gave us Goosebumps.
What are your top moments of 2019 Vivo IPL?
Do let us know in the comment box below!