India will begin its campaign at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 on 5th of June 2019 against South Africa at Southampton.
Here is the list of matches India will play:
25 May – India vs New Zealand – Warm up Game – London
28 May – India vs Bangladesh – Warm up Game – Cardiff
- 5 June – South Africa vs India – Group Stage Match – Southampton
- 9 June – India vs Australia – Group Stage Match – London
- 13 June – India vs New Zealand – Group Stage Match – Nottingham
- 16 June – India vs Pakistan – Group Stage Match – Manchester
- 22 June – India vs Afghanistan – Group Stage Match – Southampton
- 27 June – West Indies vs India – Group Stage Match – Manchester
- 30 June – England vs India – Group Stage Match – Birmingham
- 2 July – Bangladesh vs India – Group Stage Match – Birmingham
- 6 July – Sri Lanka vs India – Group Stage Match – Leeds
The World Cup is going to be a long tour and we are going to witness some extra-ordinary battles on the cricket field.
WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR?
South Africa vs India
The dangerous tri of Rohit– Dhawan and Kohli will be up against the lethal bowling of Dale Steyn, Kagiso Rabada and Imran Tahir.
Imran Tahir vs MS Dhoni will be an interesting battle as they both were great team mates at CSK.
Australia vs India
After the uplift of the 1 year ban Steve Smith and David Warner will be fired up to show what they are capable of and will definitely try to win the 6th World Cup for Australia.
On the other side Virat is determined to lead India and the Blue Army would definitely love to take the revenge of the 2015 Semi-final match.
Mitchell Starc vs Virat Kohli will be a fierce battle to watch.
India vs New Zealand
Consistent performers like Kane Williamson and Martin Guptill will be the two players Indian Team will be worries about. The pacers like Tim Southee and Trent Boult will definitely test the skills of Rohit and Shikhar at the start of the innings. The pitches on the England soil are going to be challenging and tough to face.
India vs Pakistan
The most awaited match of the tournament is set on an exciting Sunday. It is going to be a fierce battle as India would love to keep their 100% victory over Pakistan in World Cups and Pakistan with their current batsman Imam- ul – Haq and Babar Azam in top form will definitely be confident with the opposite results.
India vs Afghanistan
With very less experience, Afghanistan shouldn’t be a big challenge to India. With the likes of Rashid Khan and Mujeeb-Ur –Rehman, India won’t take Afghanistan lightly and will play with the strongest 11.
West Indies vs India
West Indies is a great team on paper and all the players in that team are match winners and all witnessed what Andre Russell, Chris Gayle and Evin Lewis are capable of.
The wrist spinners will play a key role as the power hitters will be comfortable with the pace bowlers.
The perfect start of the innings and regular breakthroughs while bowling will be a key factor.
England vs India
Two favourites to win the Cup will face each other at Birmingham. The England team in the recent bilateral series has been absolutely fabulous as they scored and even chased scores which were 300+.
If bowling first, the Indian Bowlers have a tough job to stop the opposition from getting an excessive score. While the Indian Batsmen need to be brave and confident while facing the mighty Englishman.
Bangladesh vs India
Bangladesh has developed its core team from a long time and most of the team members are consistent in the team for 3-4 years.
Mustafizur Rahman will be their key bowler and Shakib will bring all his confidence into play.
Rohit Sharma has a good batting record against Bangladesh and he will definitely try to maintain his good records.
India will be confident about putting points on the board from this match surely.
Sri Lanka vs India
The last group matches of both the teams will play an important role if any of the team is in desperate need of points.
Dimuth Karunratne has been given the responsibility to lead the side in this tournament.
Sri Lankan team is a mixture of experienced and young players which will definitely help the team.
The clash of teammates viz. Rohit Sharma vs Malinga, Hardik Pandya vs Malinga will be a battle worth watching.
Success Mantra for India
- The number 4 position batsman should hold on the innings and he needs to stay on the crease for the maximum time.
- MS Dhoni will have to play the anchor’s role and his contribution is going to prove lethal in every match.
- Bumrah has an all important role to stop the batsman from scoring big at the start and even in the end overs.
- Whichever the all-rounder Virat picks has to deliver the few quick overs the team needs and even bat when the situation demands.