A leading tyre manufacturer CEAT Limited celebrated the success and glory of International cricket with ‘CEAT Cricket Rating (CCR) International awards 2019 at a ceremony in Mumbai. The awards honoured the best of the International cricketers based on their performances as rated by the CEAT Cricket ratings (CCR) for the year 2018 – 2019. CEAT Cricket Rating (CCR) is the first cricket rating to officially recognise and reward cricketers for their performances in the international and domestic cricket arena.
India captain Virat Kohli has continued collecting the awards at the big stage with him bagging the International Cricketer of the Year and Best Batsman accolades. He was earlier named as the ICC Cricketer of the Year, ICC Men’s Test Player of the Year and ICC ODI Player of the Year. Additionally, he was named captain of the Test and ODI teams of the year.
Jasprit Bumrah won the International Bowler of the Year. Elsewhere, Mohinder Amarnath has been recognised for his contribution to the sport with the lifetime achievement award. Cheteshwar Pujara, who picked up the Man of the Series award in India’s maiden Test series win in Australia, won the International Test cricketer of the Year and Rohit Sharma bagged the International ODI Cricketer of the Year Award.
CEAT awarded Afghanistan leg-spinner Rashid Khan for outstanding bowling and Australian batsman Aaron Finch for his exceptional performance in T20. Young prodigy Yashasvi Jaiswal, who performed exceptionally over the year was awarded Junior Cricketer of the Year while chinaman Kuldeep Yadav took home outstanding performance of the year award. Ashutosh Aman was awarded Domestic Cricketer of the Year in presence of galaxy of past and present cricketers.
Former India skipper Sunil Gavaskar, former Australian batsman Dean Jones, former India stumper Saba Karim were present on the occasion among others.
Complete list of award winners at CEAT Cricket Awards 2019
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Mohinder Amarnath
- International Cricketer and Batsman of the Year – Virat Kohli
- International Bowler of the Year – Jasprit Bumrah
- International Test Cricketer of the Year – Cheteshwar Pujara
- International ODI Cricketer of the Year – Rohit Sharma
- International T20 Player of the Year – Aaron Finch
- Outstanding Performance of the Year – Kuldeep Yadav
- International T20 Bowler of the Year – Rashid Khan
- Domestic Player of the Year – Ashutosh Aman
- International Woman Cricketer of the Year – Smriti Mandhana
- Junior Cricketer of the Year – Yashasvi Jaiswal
- Cricket Journalists of the Year – Sriram Veera and Snehal Pradhan
- Special tribute: Late Ajit Wadekar